One of the reasons I love my Instant Pot [Amazon affiliate link] is the ability to cook chicken from frozen. I made this entire recipe start to finish in under an hour.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs – frozen
- 1 796mL can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp each. of black pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and kosher salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 green peppers
- Green onions, to garnish
- Using a mallet, work your frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs apart, so they aren’t frozen in one big chunk.
- Put frozen chicken thighs in the instant pot with 1 796mL can of diced tomatoes.
- Add garlic, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Add approx. 1 cup of water.
- Set on MANUAL for 25 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to do a natural release while you make rice. I used Uncle Ben’s Spanish Rice and added peas.
- When the pressure valve has dropped, open the instant pot and turn on SAUTE. Add green peppers to soften.
- Serve the chicken and peppers in sauce over the spanish rice and garnish with green onions.